<< return to Pixycam.com

Cannot build PixyMon for macOS Catalina

I am forced to use the first pixy cam for a class project and the software doesn’t work and despite following the instructions on the pixymon website, I end up with 585 lines of errors and no working software. Is there any way to fix this ?

Hi, sorry to hear you’re having trouble! If you could provide more information about the setup you’re using (Arduino?) and the specific errors you’re getting, that would help us help you!

Thanks,
Jesse

For the moment it’s only the pixy cam but it’ll be used with Arduino (but there’s no relation to the issue). The main problem is that toward the end of the build, it tries to search for a file in a Unix executable file (which isn’t possible). If you wan’t I can provide you with the full file of the build (585 lines) but here’s the main problem error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip: can't open file: bin/PixyMon.app/Contents/MacOS/PixyMon (Not a directory)

Hmm. What happens when you try to open the PixyMon app?

Just to check, you’re following these directions, correct? https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v1:building_pixymon#building-in-macos

It would be helpful to see the rest of the output of the build…or at least what happens just before / after this error. Without the context, it’s hard to tell what’s happening. My guess is a permissions error though; it seems like the build script is trying to open the executable (not search within it) but it’s having trouble.

Thanks!
Jesse

Hello,
Please post the output of the build process. The directory isn’t there because something happened (some kind of error) during the build process.

Edward

Here’s the file with the 585 lines.

Hmm, it’s getting errors finding QVariant, which is odd. How did you install Qt?

Edward

Using the command from the documentation

Sorry – can you try installing Qt again and monitor any errors during installation?

sudo port install qt5

Edward