<< return to Pixycam.com

1 year old Pixy cannot detect PixyMon

Hi,

I bought a Pixy last year Aug. Now I get a looping “pixy detected” “error:unable to connect to device” whenever I connect to PixyMon. Tried to upload all version of firmware still same. I tried older PixyMon also same. Changed USB cable. Re-install usb driver. I tried on different PCs. Connected my pixy to Arduino also still same problem. My Pixy also wont cycle the LED colors when I hold white button on top of Pixy.

So the question is my Pixy dead?

Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Regards,

Hello Rifdi,
Can you describe what happened when you tried to upload new firmware? Did it give you an error of some sort, or was it seemingly successful?

Edward

Edward Getz wrote:

Hello Rifdi,
Can you describe what happened when you tried to upload new firmware? Did it give you an error of some sort, or was it seemingly successful?

Edward

Hi Edward,

After I uploaded new firmware, this is the messages in PixyMon
Programming… (C:/Users/Rifms/Downloads/pixy_firmware-2.0.12.hex)
done!
Please wait a few seconds while Pixy resets…
Pixy detected.

The Pixy LED will also blink couple times, got green leds etc.

Hello Rifdi,
After you upload the firmware, does your Pixy cycle the LED colors when you hold down the white button? (different than holding down white button during power-up) If it won’t cycle the colors, your Pixy is somehow bad. Where did you order your Pixy?

Edward

Edward Getz wrote:

Hello Rifdi,
After you upload the firmware, does your Pixy cycle the LED colors when you hold down the white button? (different than holding down white button during power-up) If it won’t cycle the colors, your Pixy is somehow bad. Where did you order your Pixy?

Edward

Good day Edward,

My Pixy didn’t cycle the LED colors anymore. What component actually spoiled?

I purchased it from SGBotic Singapore.

Hello Rifdi,
I’m not an expert on these things, but your Pixy appears not to be working. I’m very sorry for the problems.

Edward