<< return to Pixycam.com

Analogue Video Out

Hey everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your pixy(s)!

Just wondering if there was any pinout/point where I can get an analogue video out? I’ve checked the schematic and dont think it exists.

If there is no analogue video output, anyone have any ideas of how I can create an analogue video stream? (Perhaps another microcontroller to do DAC?) I want to use the pixy on my quadcopter for FPV :smiley:

Finally, what is the part model for the camera sensor? I cannot find anywhere what the camera sensor is!

Thanks heaps everyone!

Ian

*Edit: clarified question

Hey Ian,
There’s no analog video out, and Pixy’s timing doesn’t conform to NTSC, PAL, etc, so there’s no clear path to create one (sorry).

Regarding the sensor, it’s an Omnivision OV09715 (just uploaded the complete bom in the documents section.)

thanks!

Rich, is it possible to use an Arduino or any other device in order to decode/transform USB video into analog? What is the video format that is fed into USB?
Is it possible to cut into Pixy hardware before the signal is encoded into USB and extract the signal?
Thank you.

Hello Yan,
I think analog video is a pretty high bandwidth signal with strict timing requirements. I doubt this is possible without adding significant complexity.

Edward

Ed, thank you for your response. I will have to think of something else then if I cannot get the analog video out.