<< return to Pixycam.com

Arduino no longer sends data through IO to Arduino

Hi all,
I have been having a lot of success with the Pixy until today. With the Pixy plugged into the Arduino Uno through the IO cable supplied with Pixy,and the usb cable from the Pixy plugged into the computer, everything weas working fine. Then I wanted to try to make Pixy mobile by using the 9v power supply that comes with the Arduino and powering the Arduino Uno with it. The Pixy was supposed to be powered through the IO cable from the Arduino. After I unplugged the Pixy and Arduino from the computer, I plugged in the 9V power supply to the Arduino. The LED on the PIxy got really bright. I immediately unplugged the Arduino power supply. Now Pixy recognizes and learns signatures through Pixymon, but won’t communicate through the IO cable anymore. I even tried running Hello World and it says Com3 is not found. The red led on Pixy no longer gets bright when signature one is in view either.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!
Bill

Ok,
The usb for the arduino was not plugged in enough and was causing the lack of com3. The problem with Pixy was determined to be an intermittent problem with having Pixymon open at the same time as attempting to communicate with the Arduino board. Closing and reopening Pixymon a few times solved the issue.This was also causing the led to not light up when the signature was detected.