<< return to Pixycam.com

Button on Pixy 2 Cam for Qt

Hello,

I am currently changing some code in the PixyMon build on Qt and I wanted to know if I have access to the physical button on the Pixy2 Camera in the code and if so where? Thank you.

Juan

Hello Juan,
That’s a good question. We currently don’t offer the button as an API call, but we’ll add to our list of proposed features. Can you please describe what you would like to do with the button so we can be better understand your needs?

Edward

Hey Edward,
thanks, I was able to modify PixyMon to revolve around analyzing RGB values for the user. It is to test LED strips for abnormalities in Hue. I was thinking of repurposing the button to be used as an action that captures the current frame and logs the RGB values for an easier analysis. That is just one idea if I was able to get the button to work for me.

Now, what I’m thinking is, maybe you don’t have an API call for it, but there might be a way to work around that. So currently the button works as a second means of saving a color signature correct? Well, I run my entire program on raw video mode and in that mode you cannot follow assign or follow signatures. Assuming I am correct in my last statements. Maybe I can fool the program into using the button for my purpose by finding the function that is used to set signatures and adding an “if in raw video mode, then trigger another event”. This is just off the top of my head right now so let me know what you think.
Juan

Hi Juan,
Your thinking makes good sense. It’s true that in video mode, the button doesn’t have a function, and you could potentially assign a function. But in order to get the button-press event relayed PixyMon, you’d need to modify the firmware, because currently, video mode ignores the press events. Maybe there’s another event that can trigger what you want to trigger (if that makes sense.)

Edward