<< return to Pixycam.com

Can i make the vector arrow to always go forward?

image_260 image_368

Hi, I am working right now on a line follower cart and using pixy and Arduino to control it work great until sometimes the vector arrow line runs backward, can this be avoided please let me know what can I do to fix this.

thanks, XVO

Hello,
That state of the vector is maintained between frames, which includes the direction. If the vector is being flipped it’s likely because the vector was lost and reacquired or swapped with lines that are closeby. In general these events shouldn’t happen, but sudden movements (turning) can confuse the algorithm, especially if adjacent lines are close together.

Can you share a picture of your robot and what it’s looking at?

Edward

Hello,
Is that Pixy at the very top shelf? If so, you might consider moving it closer to the ground. It may be losing the line on occasion because of limited resolution.

Edward

Hello, considering what you told me about the pixy seeing other lines and now to lower my pixy for better resolution maybe I could make the line I want the cart to follow bigger and with that resolve both issues . Where can i send you video of my cart using pixycam?

You can send a video to [email protected]. Please reference this topic:

Edward

You can send the video to [email protected]. Please reference this topic:

Edward

Hi
Just got my self new version pixycam byt when i conect to usb it only do green light at the front nothing more

Hello,
Sorry for the problems. Please see steps 4 and 5 on this page:

https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:i_get_the_message_-22no_pixy_devices_have_been_detected-22_in_pixymon

Can you please tell us what you find?

Edward

I check and do step 4 and 5 and is not working, i try to upload new firmware but when i connect the usb holding down the white bottom the light :bulb: keeps shining green and never react to fireware upload mode :cry:

Sending you an email!