<< return to Pixycam.com

Connect PIXY2 to Arbotix-M

Hello!
I can connect the pixy2 with Arduino2560 successfully when the Arduino IDE version is 1.8.6. However, because Arbotix-M is only compatible with Arduino IDE version is 1.0.6. When I connect the pixy2 with Arbotix-M through Arduino IDE version 1.0.6, it will cause many many errors which does not have previous.How can I connect the Pixy2 with Arbotix-M through Arduino IDE version 1.0.6 successfully?QQ%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20180901162612

If I only use mode analog/digital x, I connect Pin 2 ➜ my controller’s VCC 5v, Pin 6 ➜ my controller’s ground signal, Pin 1 (GPIO0) ➜ one of my controller’s digital input signals. I have set the mode in pixymon. However, when the pixy2 recognize the red ping-pong, the Arbotix-M (pin1) can not receive the signal (HIGH). The code is in the pictures. Could you help me?Thank you very very much.QQ%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20180901174954

Hello,
It may be some work to get Pixy2 working with the older version of Arduino, mostly because the Arduino API has changed since then.

Only some of your code came across in the picture, but I can see that your line:

if(red==HIGH)

is not going to work. Essentially you are asking if (7==HIGH) because red is 7. This page might help regarding getting arduino to read the gpio state:

https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/language/functions/digital-io/digitalread/

Edward

Sorry, I made a low mistake. Thank you very much, you are so kind! I have solved the problem. :relaxed: