<< return to Pixycam.com

Detecting a door underwater - ROV

Hello there, i was working on a ROV project for a while.

In my project; i need to pass through a door shaped black object autonomously, inside of a pool. Rov will be placed 10 meters away from door and expected to recognise it with image processing. I thought the distance won’t be a problem because everywhere will be like blue, hope pixy2 can detect the black color in there.

I’m working on the algorithm of “If the door is not detected by Pixy2 (in cases when got so close to door or seriously can’t detect the black color)”.

The pool is not olympic, so there is no black stripes in it; so olympic stripes won’t be a problem.The door is black and 1,5m x 1m.

I didn’t bought Pixy2 cam yet. Hope you guys can help and tell me can pixy2 recognise, is that possible… What would be your advices. Thanks in advance.

Hi, Pixy2 does not detect black objects. It relies on hue (color) for object detection. In addition, Pixy does not detect shapes — just colors.

Here is more information about colors that Pixy can detect: https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:teach_pixy_an_object_2

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jesse

1 Like