<< return to Pixycam.com

Dimension of pan/tilt mechanism

I do project in my university and I want to use Pixy with pan/tilt mechanism. Can somebody help me and tell me dimensions (height, width and deep) of pixycam with pan/tilt mechanism (when the angle between pixy board and ground is about 90 deegrees).

I need this because I have just 80x80x80mm space for this.

Hi Mateusz,

With the pan/tilt mechanism Pixy is approximately 70x85x75mm. Let me know if you need anything else.

Scott

Thank you Scott for answer, can you say me which dimension is which, I add photo to make it clear. Because I have just 80x80x80 mm space and I want to know that is it possibility to cut some too big elements to make it smaller. If it won’t be problem for you, can you add some photos with pixy and ruler or something like that?

Hi Mateusz,

70mm (height), 85mm (width), and 75mm (depth). The lengthiest part of Pixy is the pan/tilt base (85mm), which you can probably safely trim down. When the camera is tilted all the way down, its full length is around 100mm.

I’ve attached some pictures. Hopefully you can see the measurements. In the depth measurement image, it looks like Pixy’s lens is longer than the edge of the pan/tilt base by a ways, but its not. It just looks that way because of the angle of the picture. Although the lens does hang over by a few mm when upright.

Scott