<< return to Pixycam.com

Getting Pixymon to compile & run on Linux

Hi,

After some searching I was able to find what to modify pixymon 0.1.48 to compile and run on Ubuntu 12.04 on an Asus 1201n EeePC.

I guess many people are searching for this so I thought I would make it very clear to all in this post.

The modifs required are:

In the directory: pixymon-0.1.48/src/host/pixymon/

In the file: main.cpp , I commented out the incorrect #include and put a correct one below it:

//#include 
#include 

In the file: pixymon.pro I added the 2nd line below:

QT       += core gui
QT       += widgets

The in the top level directory:

I fixed the error in the README file concerning pixy.rules, it should read “sudo cp” not -“sudo p”-

sudo cp pixy.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/

Then pixymon ran ok!

I’ve attached a screenshot as proof!

So far so good!

Hey Grateful Frog!
Thanks for sharing!

Interesting about the += widgets Do you remember what issue this prevented/fixed?

Hi Rich!

I would have put the changes into the baseline if I had access!

If you don’t put the line:

QT += widgets

This is what you get when you build:

$ ./buildpixymon.sh
g++ -c -pipe -Wno-unused-parameter -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -D__LINUX__ -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/share/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I../../common -I/usr/include/libusb-1.0 -I/usr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -o main.o main.cpp
main.cpp:17:24: fatal error: QApplication: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

The error mentioned refers to this line in main.cpp

#include 

I don’t know the QT framework, I only put those changes in as a result of searching on the Web for solutions to the first failed builds…

I’m happy to participate in further developments! (I am quite expert in C++)

Ciao,
Bob

Hi Bob — sweet! Pushed the changes to github.

thanks!

Always happy to hear suggestions and ideas and even happier when someone wants add their suggestions and ideas to the source code!

We have this guide:

https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:building_pixymon

Until recently it was pointing to the pixy1 repository (sorry!). Here is the new repository:

Let me know if anyone has issues.

Thanks gratefulfrog for the fix. I think you’re looking in the the older repository? (https://github.com/charmedlabs/pixy)

Edward