<< return to Pixycam.com

Have to re-teach pixy after powerup

Hello,

I’m wanting to use the CMUcam5 Pixy Cam in conjunction with the Arduino Uno Wi Fi Board, powering the Arduino through the CMUcam5 Pixy Cam via the unregulated 6-10v power pins.

My question is there any truth in this statement I found on another tutorial site :

“if you decide to power the pixy through the power pins while still using the Arduino cable, the Pixy will clear all the signatures previously saved on the Pixy, so you will have to teach the Pixy objects with every power up.”

The project I’m working will constantly turn on and off. The reason I want to power it this way is due to the size of the servos on a Pan & Tilt kit and that is the recommended connection method on the CMUcam5 Pixy Cam site to power the servos.

Look forward to any info on this subject.

Hey Eddie,

nope, this is not the case. Can you post the link to that site? I’d like to contact the admin to see if they can change that misleading info.

You should be good the way you’ve got the connection described!

Cheers,
Jesse

Hi Jesse, Thanks for your response.

I have posted the link below, it is a pretty old tutorial (2014)they may have been talking about one the earlier models of the CMUcam.

https://courses.ideate.cmu.edu/16-223/f2014/tutorial-pixy-cmucam5/

Thanks again,

Eddie

Great, thank you! Looks like they’re referring to Pixy - it’s been around for a few years :slight_smile:

I’ve emailed the CMU list to try to get this information updated.

Let me know if you’ve got any more questions!

Thanks,
Jesse