<< return to Pixycam.com

Lost ribbon cable for connection from 6 pin to 10 pin

Is it possible to order a replacement cable ?
Also, has this been tested on Arduino Yun ?

Thanks

Hi Marc,

I’ll pass your email address along and someone will contact you about sending you a new cable.

I have not heard of anyone using a Yun with Pixy. Looks like the Yun has an ATmega chip and 6-pin connector, which is a good sign. The only Arduino I know we’ve had problems with is the Due since it uses an ARM chip instead of ATmega.

Scott

Thanks so much Scott, I received it, and it works with the Yun as well :slight_smile:
Thanks again for your thoughtfulness - much appreciated. Back in business

Great! Just glad everything worked out. Good luck!

Scott

Hi

I’ve ordered for Yun and Pixy and waiting for it arrive, really excited to use it.

Have one question in my mind. Since Yun has inbuilt Wiress capability do I still need to wire Pixy or would I be able to get the data from Pixy via wireless?

Thanks,
Swamy

Hello Swamy,
I’m not too familiar with the Yun. My understanding is that it’s an Arduino and an Linux computer on the same board that can talk to each other. And the Linux computer has Wifi.

The Arduino examples for Pixy should run on Yun. I’m not sure how you want to integrate the Wifi capabilities of the Yun and Pixy. The Arduino examples for Pixy don’t use any of the Yun’s special capabilities though.

Let us know your thoughts. We don’t have the expertise to support the Yun, but we can certainly help you get your Yun and Pixy talking.

Edward

hi Edward,

I was looking at the videos and what I could infer is that I’d still need the physical wiring between Yun and Pixy and that I could access Pixymon remotely from my desktop or laptop. I’ll check that and let you know.

Thanks for your reassurance that you could help me in getting Yun and Pixy talking. Just waiting for Pixy and Yun to arrive.

Regards,
Swamy