<< return to Pixycam.com

Mac OS 10.10 and PixyMon v2

Is there any way to run the Pixymon for the Pixy2 on a Mac Os 10.10.5 system?

Thanks

Hello,
If the PixyMon binary doesn’t run on your system, you should try rebuilding. It isn’t very difficult. This page describes how:

https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:building_pixymon

Edward

I have tried to rebuild folowing that document but I keep getting
“./buildpixymon.sh: line 25: qmake: command not found” error
I loaded Xcode 7.2.1 and the MacPorts-2.5.3-10.10-Yosemite.pkg since my/this Mac is running 10.10.5

Thanks for the reply
brayle

Hmm, you ran “sudo port install qt5” and it succeeded?

I did. If it had failed, I would have expected some problems along this line, but it said it all installed happily??

Don’t spend too much time thinking on this one. I gave up and grabbed another Mac, installed 10.13, and it seems to work with the Pixymon_V2. Luckily I have several prototype machines to work with and I’m not solely dependent on my desktop/laptop machine. It would be nice to get it to work on my work machine sometime though.

It appears that you need to set modify the path. Macports doesn’t update the path because they are (I guess) expecting you to choose which version of Qt you want to use:

I don’t remember running into this issue though. See if you can find the bin directory of qt (the message above offers clues) and add it to your path. Let me know how it goes.

Edward