<< return to Pixycam.com

New CMUCAM 5 cannot connect to pixymon.

Hi, .
I write to you because of the connection issue. The Led did light up but it refuses to connect ( totally no connection). reference => Pixy R1.3 1312-0117 .

1. I want to inform you about the quality issue for this batch. Since it is QC ok , I would think it should work.But it did not.
    Please tell me how to trouble shoot or should I return it for exchange.
  2. This is my 3rd pc of pixy. The first one I bought early 2014. It was perfect and good. And it work very well.
    This 2nd was perfect also. The third one I opened it 4 months after I bought it . So now the supplier is un willing to change for me .
    I do not think I make a newbie mistake but it just does not work at all…

Please advise what I can do with it.

What OS are you running on your computer? If Linux, enter the lsusb command at the terminal prompt while your pixy is connected to see if the computer is detecting it.

Also, make sure that your cable is not defective.

Hi, there is no issue with my cable. Usually when there is connection issue, there is error message. The cable I used is tested with other pixy.
Now my other 2 pixy are working fine.

I use windows 8. Pixymon detect my other pixy very well. Even when got cable problem , there is error. This one very special no error. BUT LED did light up.
I tried to do a update firmware on 2 of the pixy, the spoilt one does not communicate at all. the other work well as written…

Hi Jack,
Where did you buy the 3rd Pixy?

I buy through Robot R us. I ask the boss. He does not seems to want to be resposible as I bought it few months ago.
But due to my application, which is mount it on humanoid for my student to go for competition, I did not open the third one until I am ready to fix. only to my horror that it does not work.

The first piece I bought it direct from you guys when you first started to fully lauch it.