<< return to Pixycam.com

Object recognition and classification

Good morning,

I’m an arduino enthusiast, I’m currently working on a project that requires a camera that can detect the value of money of various colours. So I’d like to ask if this is what pixy 2 cam can do.

Nb: it will dentify up to 7 different value of money and would also like to know if the camera stores the image in its dedicated memory or if I need a data logger to store the files.

Thank you,

Hope to hear from you soon,

Bye.

Hi Raji,

welcome to the forums! Pixy2 detects objects based on color - it does not detect patterns or shapes, per se. So if your currency has bright and distinct colors for each bill / coin, then you might be able to do this. More info on good detection candidates for Pixy: https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:teach_pixy_an_object_2

Note also that Pixy2 does not store or transmit images, since it was designed to solve the problem of video streams being too much for small micros like Arduino to receive and process. Instead, it does all the detection and processing on-board, and sends only data about what it detects (x-y coordinates, area, id, etc).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jesse