<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixy Detected - error: Unable to connect to device.

Hi,

I recently purchased a PixyCam & pan/tilt for a school robotics club. Took it out of the box, assembled it as per instructions, and installed PixyMon along with device drivers. I open Pixymon, plug in the device, the LED flashes twice, the servos try to move (when connected) & then in the software, I am getting a loop of:

“Pixy detected.
error: Unable to connect to device.
Pixy detected.
error: Unable to connect to device.”

I’ve tried this Pixycam on multiple computers (multiple windows/linux), with multiple USB cables (that I am 100% sure are functioning), with and without servos plugged in; I reinstalled device drivers and Pixymon on this current machine, with no luck. I tried the troubleshooting guide provided on your website, even going as far as re-flashing the latest firmware. PixyCam CMUcam5 shows up without an exclamation point under Pixy Devices. I cannot figure out what is wrong.

Thanks!
Sean

Are you running pixymon to be compatible with windows 10? That might be the issue, try a different compatibility if this is the case.

Just tried that on the windows 10 machine; did not solve my problem. I’ve tried Pixymon on two windows 7 machines, a windows 10 machine, & a machine running the latest version of Ubuntu. Is it possible the board is dead?

Hello Sean,
Sorry for the problems! Windows 10 should be fine, but it sounds like it might be an issue with the PCB. We will send you an email.

Edward