<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixy hardware example from the kickstarter video

In your kick starter video, you have a robot that rolls around and follows/tracks different objects.

I would like to expand this concept to create a bulldozer robot that pushes balls into a central location.

What hardware did you use for the actual robot in that example and can it be purchased? Also, is the source code available for that project?

Thanks,

Marc

Hello Marc,
That was a demo that was pieced together from LEGO Mindstorms (the original version). I believe the code is very similar to the pan/tilt demo, where you have 2 PID loops. In the case of the mobile robot, the there was one PID loop that controlled the heading of the robot, based on the X location of the object, an one PID loop that controlled the speed of the robot, based on the y location of the object.

The pan/tilt code is here:

We have this demo working as part of the LEGO version of Pixy. It does a good job of describing how it’s done.

http://cmucam.org/projects/cmucam5/wiki/LEGO_Chase_Demo

Hope this helps!

Edward

Thanks Edward.

That is great.

Also, for the community, if there is a good Robot wheeled base (3 or 4 wheels) for Arduino, let me know. I see there are a bunch of options online that cater to an Arduino mount.

Marc