<< return to Pixycam.com

pixy.init() returned -7

Hello!
Plxy2 runs wrong under Linux. What’s the reason?Thank you for

Hey, could you provide a little more information on what exactly is happening? That will help us diagnose the problem.

Thanks,
Jesse

Hello, environment win7+vmware+centos, according to the operation of this tutorial, there is no problem with compiling.An error occurred while running the demo, pixy.Init () returns -7. Can you list error code information?

I haven’t found the reason.Vmware + centos environment

Hello, environment win7 + vmware + centos, according to the operation of this tutorial, there is no problem with compiling.An error occurred while running demo, and pix.init () returns -7.Can you list error code information? 3Q

Hello,
VMware I’m guessing has various permissions for USB and I’m not sure how you’d go about setting them up.

-7 is a timeout error (found in libusb.h)

If you look at usblink.cpp you’ll see sections for __LINUX__ and __MACOS__. These are there because each OS looks slightly different to libusb, so you might try playing with the extra calls these sections make.

It will have to be a trial-and-error process, because libusb is 99% cross-platform. It’s the 1% that you need to figure out yourself. (sorry)

Edward

Thank you!I have replaced the arduino platform and it is running normally at present. There is another question: how can pixy2 calculate the size of the target within 0-10 meters from the monitoring target?

Hello,
I’m not sure I understand your question. How can PIxy2 calculate the size of an object? Pixy estimates the object size in the image by grouping pixels together that match the signature’s color/hue. The farther away the object is, the smaller it will appear in PIxy’s image. Pixy doesn’t know the actual size of the object, only the size in the image.

Edward