<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixy lens

I’m writing to You in order to ask for some very useful informations about the Pixy.

We, at the Automobiltechnik Labor from the FH Aachen- University of Applied Sciences, are working on a new project, where we need to use this wonderful embedded system.

Although the height of the board could be a problem, because of the insufficient space inside the box, where the pixy gonna be placed.
Now i would like to ask You, if there is a possibility to separate the camera(lens) from the board and place it maybe to a different spot. The camera and the board have to be still connected of course. That would be very gainful for us. Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello Ioakeim,
Unfortunately, you can’t remove the imager from Pixy and place it in a different location. Does you application require a smaller camera? (is that why you ask?) What dimensions are you interested in?

Edward

Hallo Edward,

exactly, our application requires a smaller camera length. I would say maximum 2cm(board+camera). Otherwise we have to find a new spot inside the box to place the camera. Could maybe Pixy adjusted with different camera?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Ioakeim,
2cm is a small dimension! I’m not sure what your options are if you want to use Pixy. The next version of Pixy will be smaller, but 2cm might be too small! Where does your camera need to fit?

Edward