<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixy Mon Changes

Hi, I was wondering if pixy could save images automatically but no, I can save manually by pixy mon. can’t you make it so that it can save an image when ever in detects a object or even captures an images every 10 or 5 or 3 seconds as it detects objects. Or please guide me for a way to do that in matlab or python, more preferable in python. Thanks

Hi, if you want a stream of images, why not use a webcam?

Pixy was designed to prevent lightweight microcontrollers like Arduino from being bogged down by processing video streams. Pixy instead does all image processing onboard, and only sends data (numbers) about the images you teach it. This is much lower bandwidth & frees up microcontroller processor cycles for other tasks.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jesse

Thanks for the reply freed, I loved the 60fps+ processing of pixy and I have worked with it. I need the the coordinates of detected pixels from pixy through ardiono but also the image, actually the same frame in which pixy catches a block and records its width, height, x-coordinates and y-coordinates. Is there any method I can capture even a single frame? if so please help me with a code. Thanks

Maybe you could switch between the object mode and the video mode when you want to save the picture but I don’t know how fast it would be.
The get RGB fonction applied to the whole image can make you get the image I guess : https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:video_api

Hello,
Because of Pixy’s limited memory, it can’t grab a full color frame while simultaneously processing it. For color connected components (for example) it processes the pixels as they come in and it stores the processed data (not the raw pixel values). Doing both (processing and grabbing) just isn’t possible (sorry)

Interleaving like Butanium suggests is what’s typically done.

Edward