<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixy runnning with batteries

Hello, I was wondering which batteries ( V?- rechargeables? ) should I connect to Pixy Mon. I have a small electric circuit on a protoboard, which runs preferably with 7.5V ( even 9V I think ); and 250mA. I would like to connect it to Arduino One, and then to Pixy cam, do you think that would be possible? Regards :slight_smile: I don t want to damage Pixy! :slight_smile:

Hello Maria,
This page has some good information on Powering Pixy:

http://cmucam.org/projects/cmucam5/wiki/Powering_Pixy

Look for the section on the “power connector”. You can then have Pixy power your Uno, which is the preferred setup.

Hope this helps!

Edward

Hello Edward,
Thanks for you message, I had been trying to plug Pixy to Arduino ( with Arduino cable ), and then power Arduino with 1,5 AA batteries ( 4 batteries ), but it is not working.
If I understand you well, the solution is to connect Pixy to Arduino ( with Arduino cable ), and then power Pixy with -well, acording to the info of the Pixy website you said…:

“The power connector is reverse-polarity protected, so nothing bad will happen if you get things backwards. The mating connector is a polarized connector from Molex that comes in two parts:
The housing, Molex PN 22-01-3027, available from Digikey and Mouser
The crimp pins, Molex PN 08-50-0113, you’ll need at least 2 of them, also available from Digikey and Mouser”

But
I am sorry but I don t know how to do it, do you have a pic with the final result? I don t have any idea of how to do it…
I attach a pic, showing the pinouts? I only have two, is it OK?
I also have this type of cable: pic 2

And, What kind of rechargeable batteries could I connect? I want to connect a small circuit to Arduino which works with 250 mA and 7,2 V, up to 9 V…

Sorry-too many questions!!
Thank you!
MarĂ­a

Hello Maria,
Look for the “unregulated power-in port” on this page:

http://cmucam.org/projects/cmucam5/wiki/Port_Pinouts

This is the port that you can supply 6 to 10V DC. It is recommended that you power the Arduino from the Pixy (through the Arduino cable) instead of the other way around.

AA batteries, regular or rechargeable are fine for powering Pixy. They can provide plenty of power for Pixy and Arduino.

Hope this helps!

Edward

Hey Jesse, thanks for your email back! Yes I had read it already a month ago but I am sorry I am a big disaster I don’t know how to connect it-I will try to find and buy the components first and see… :slight_smile: