<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixy2 and Arduino Portenta H7 Lite

I am trying to use Pixy2 with the Portenta H7 Lite, and the camera is working fine on the main core M7 (for example “getBlocks()”). However, when I switched its use to the secondary core M4, everything compiled with no issues, but at run time, as soon pixy.init() gets activated, just no response from the camera. However, during this time, PixyMon still shows that the camera is working normally.

Has anyone tried this use configuration? Thank you for any pointer.

Hello,
That’s a good question. From what I’ve read, the M4 core is a satellite processor with limited peripheral access. Does the M4 have access to the SPI port? I can’t seem to find the relevant information.

Edward

I2C on M4 also behaved poorly from my experience. I am still struggling to find a good use for that M4 core!

do you mean you are using Arduino H7 lite as pixy2 camera ?
please can you share your source code ?
is pixy2 working fine with Arduino h7 lite , if connected via SPI port?
Thanks

I used the Pixy2 camera via SPI on the Portenta H7 Lite and it worked only on Core M7.

After pixy_cam.init(), I found that a minimum delay(1100) is needed for the Pixy2 to be ready to transfer data. After that I just used standard commands from the Color Connected Components API (in blocking mode):

https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:ccc_api

1 Like

Hello
Thanks for your reply
what if i installed the pixy2 on H7 instead of M7? do you think it will work fine?
i think H7 means it will use the both cores maybe?
i dont use pixy_cam.init() , i use pixy.init(); , do i need to use pixy_cam.init() instead?
please let me know
Thanks

Hello,
Sorry, but we’re not familiar with the H7 and how it fits into the Arduino ecosystem. I think you raise a good question, we just don’t know the answer. :slight_smile:

Edward

1 Like