<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixy2 camera, windows, Python

Hi, I am trying to get data from 2-Pixy 2 cameras to my windows PC via USB, which I intend to use with OpenCV to develop some pipeline. It’ll be great if anyone can help me with the roadmap or steps, since everywhere I see that it requires a linux based system.

Hello,
Since Pixy is usually used with a controller (Raspberry Pi or Arduino), we do not have official Windows support other than PixyMon.

If all you need are unprocessed images from Pixy, you might consider using a USB webcam, which Windows supports natively.

Hope this helps.

Edward

Alright! I thought so. It’ll be great if you can direct me to the wiring information for analog/digital output from the pixy2 camera to Arduino. I guess if I use an Arduino Mega, have an ethernet shield connected and analog/digital input from the camera to the Arduino, might get the work done.

Hello,
There is information about the analog/digital output on this page:

https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:porting_guide#analog-and-digital-output

Edward

Its very unfortunate not to have any direct API to get raw images from pixy using python in windows.

Hello,

Most folks use Pixy hooked up to a Rasberry Pi or an Arduino. Using Windows machines as Pixy controllers are not common, but we’re open to new ideas. Can you describe your application?

Edward