<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixy2 Firmware: Multiple issues regarding g_progchase, prmadd, & BlobB *ccBlobs

I have been building the pixy firmware in MCUXpresso. After a formatting and moving files around, I am down to just a few errors when trying to build the last folder: main_m4. They all seem to be related to the program progchase.cpp. This hypothesis is due to the errors being associated with this file, as well as it compiling almost completely(all .o files generated when compiling besides progchase.o) when removing this file from the src folder.

…/src/progchase.cpp:30:1: error: ‘Program’ does not name a type; did you mean ‘Prog’?

…/src/progchase.cpp:144:3: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘uint32_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} [-fpermissive]

…/…/…/common/inc/chirp.hpp:58:41: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to ‘const char*’ [-fpermissive]

…/src/progchase.cpp:146:3: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘uint32_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} [-fpermissive]

…/…/…/common/inc/chirp.hpp:58:41: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to ‘const char*’ [-fpermissive]

…/src/progchase.cpp:148:3: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘uint32_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} [-fpermissive]

…/src/progchase.cpp:150:3: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘uint32_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} [-fpermissive]

…/src/progchase.cpp:167:2: error: ‘BlobB’ was not declared in this scope

…/src/progchase.cpp:167:9: error: ‘ccBlobs’ was not declared in this scope

make.exe: *** [src/progchase.o] Error 1
make.exe: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
make.exe: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…

Any help would be greatly appreciated~
Riley

Hello,
I’m not sure what the particular issues are, but just as a heads-up:

The Pixy2 firmware dropped support for the LPCXpresso toolchain. It may be possible to get the PIxy2 firmware compiling and working with LPCXpresso, but it’s likely that some things won’t work, like line tracking because of optimizations enabled in the Keil compiler.

Edward

Edward,
Appreciate the prompt response. Got it to compile very easily in Keil, but received the common error at the end:

The code size of this image exceeds the maximum allowed for this version.

Pretty much saying I need to buy the Pro version, and shell out ~$5000.
This led me to migrate to LPCXpresso, Eclipse, then MCUXpresso where I had the most luck: libpixy_m4, libpixy_m0, and main_m0 compile and only issues in main_m4 are related to progchase.cpp.

All the best
~Riley