<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixymon Crash and software issue

Hello, I received yesterday my new pixycam 2, installed software pixymon and at first everything worked, but going on pan tilt demo at first it works then begins to move disorderly and then the program crash. I tried several times and always the same thing, then after some time it did not even pass in the other modes. I also tried disconnecting the servo thinking it was a power problem, but it continues to do so, as if saturating the memory when it begins to detect the object. However I continue to study, I wanted to motorize the head of a robot, but I still do not know how to write the code for Arduino and above all make him manage the servo.

Hello,
Sorry for the problems. When you say the program “crash”, what do you mean? Does it output an error? What progtram crashes? (Pixymon?) Are you using the USB cable that came with your Pixy2? (It is capable of carrying more current than most cables. The servos can consume up to 1.0A.) Are you using the Pixy2 Pan Tilt, or are you using different servos?

Edward

1 Like

Hi Edward,
when I say “crash” I mean that the pixymon software ends without error message, pup-up or any other message, but it happen only in pan tilt demo program with or without servos connected. But after some tests I found the problem, the usb port used was on a hub, without hub all is ok, but I can’t understand why the software close itself for an energy problem. Yes I use the cable that came with Pixy2, but other type of servos for now, the MG996R, mounted on a metallic pan tilt system for moving a head of a robot, more specifically a T800 terminator head 1:1 mounted on his entire endoscheleton.

Today tested again the Pixy2 with the same hub, 2 MG996R servos connected and everything works, it’s a mistery.

I’m in Italy and I can’t find Pan Tilt kit in amazon or the other seller neither, so I ordered it in Germany and received it today, I’ll test it, it’s useful to try and set the movement set-up.

I’m searching to understand how to write the code for arduino to manage the servos, studing on your guides and studing arduino code I wish to secceed on it.

Sorry for my terrible english, I wish that you can understand

Hello,
The servos consume lots of current, so using a hub or a cable with with less current capacity will sometimes cause Pixy to “brown out” and malfunction. That is, the servos are consuming all of the available current and Pixy doesn’t have enough current to function properly. Under those situations, PixyMon has been known to crash, although it’s uncommon.

Edward

1 Like