<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixymon keeps asking for firmware

I open pixymon, press the reset button and connect pixy via usb, then depress the reset button

Then firmware selection dialog appears, and I chose pixy_firmware-2.0.19-general.hex version. After firmware flashing is done, the same firmware selection window appears. This process is keeps going on. What can be the issue?

Pixy programming state detected.
Programming… (C:/Users/Rinat/a/setups/pixy_firmware-2.0.19-general.hex)
done!
Please wait a few seconds while Pixy resets…
Programming… (C:/Users/Rinat/a/setups/pixy_firmware-2.0.19-general.hex)
done!
Please wait a few seconds while Pixy resets…

Hello,
Hmm… that’s odd. Have you tried unplugging the USB cable when it says “Pixy programming state detected”? Then plug the USB cable back in. If it still says “Pixy programming state detected” when you plug the USB cable back in, there is something likely wrong with the hardware.

Let me know what you find.

Edward

I am having the same issue. PixyCam installs firmwire then when I replug in the USB it says that firmwire not detected and asks to install again. I install then it restarts and asks to install again.

Hi, sorry for the trouble. We’ll follow up via email.

Thanks,
Jesse

hello @freed I bought a brand new pixy2 and I am having the same issue as well, keeps prompting for firmware, I selected it but after reboot, asks for it again

Hello,
Sorry for the problems. In PixyMon, please go to the View menu and select Console – then copy the text in the console (the text box at the bottom of PIxyMon) and paste here so we can take a look.

Edward