<< return to Pixycam.com

Pixy's output in LEGO environment

Hi,

Let’s say if I have 3 red, 5 yellow, 10 blue color blocks in the image frame, can I read from pixy via Lego I2C about all the blocks? In another word, what is the block tracking num limit under Lego environment (I know there is no limit with other controllers)?

Looking forward to your I2C protocol information as well! Thanks!

Hello Ding,
The only real limit in Pixy is the memory. Each object takes a small amount of memory to register, but in practice, hundreds of objects can be detected.

In the LEGO environment, each detected object has a x, y, width, height, and signature number output. Right now we only return the biggest object, at 5 outputs per object, the Pixy software block becomes complicated. (does that make sense?)

Can you describe your application?

Edward

Hi Edward,

Thanks for getting back. The Pixy software block in Lego looks very nice. It can be fully understand that if trying to return more objects the software block will look quite messy.

I’m programming my EV3 using public lms libraries (lms2012.h, lmstypes.h, bytecodes.h, if you have seen them by chance). And I want to track multiple (30 is an ideal number) objects simultaneously using Pixy. Right now I can pull data from Lego sensors in default mode given corresponding register address in that sensor. (Haven’t figure out how to send command in though, that is why I can not change sensor mode or doing things like ‘reset’ etc.) So I am wondering whether I can read from Pixy about multiple objects under Lego I2C? (which implies a long list of register addresses for detected objects)

Thanks,
Ding

Hello Ding,
Currently it only sends 1 object (the largest object), but we might modify so it continues to return subsequent objects sorted by size. You want 30 objects? That’s quite a lot!

Edward

Hi Edward,

Yep. 30 is perfect, 12 would also work… Looking forward to your new releases anyway.

Thanks,
Ding

Hi Ding,
Can you tell us what you want to do with detecting this many objects :slight_smile:

Edward

Hi Edward,

I am trying to build a wall using lego bricks with different color, and “see” it. Kind of fun.

Ding

Hi Ding,
Sounds like fun!

Edward