<< return to Pixycam.com

Possibly Defective Pixy?

Working with the Pixy for a school project and interfacing it with an Arduino Due. It had been working for a month then suddenly today when we plugged it in there was no communication between the Pixy and the Arduino. We tried re-running the ‘hello world’ code and got nothing but the “Starting…” in the serial window. The Arduino isn’t broken; we were able to run simple motor programs to that. We’ve just been using the simple SPI interface (0) and I double checked to ensure the Pixy was set to ‘default program’ mode.

Also, have been through the troubleshooting page.

My question would be if there is something else wrong or is it simple the Pixy or SPI cable?

• Joseph

Hello Joseph,
When running through the troubleshooting steps:

http://cmucam.org/projects/cmucam5/wiki/I_get_the_message_"No_Pixy_devices_have_been_detected"_in_PixyMon

What did you find for steps 4 and 5?

Edward

Thanks for these. I did the reset and the lights cycled normally. It accepted the firmware just fine but I still get nothing to the Arduino. A curious thing is that in CC mode with the default green/pink code on the box it reads perfectly in cooked mode, but when I got to default it spaces out and reads a half dozen signatures and the main box that is where the CC is jumps around where in cooked mode it was solid as rock when the box is stationary.

Hello Joseph,
We’re sending you an email to figure out how we can solve your issue as quickly as possible.

Edward