<< return to Pixycam.com

Send Pixy2 Camera data to arduino wireless through bluetooth

Hello,
I am currently using the Pixy2 Camera to detect Lego Duplo blocks. I know with the Arduino hello world program, the serial monitor can show the object info like x, y coordinates, height and width. I wonder if I can still get those info by just connecting the camera to my PC and using the Pixy Mon V2 app?
If I can, is there a way to send those info from my computer to Arduino wirelessly through a Bluetooth module or other type of method?

I appreciate any form of help that you can provide!

Hello,
It sounds like you have a PIxy2 connected to your PC and you want to send the detected objects to an Arduino wirelessly?

It would be easy to just hook the Arduino to Pixy2 directly, but I’m guessing you’ve already considered this. The PC can run PixyMon, but “target support” for Windows – that is, using your Windows machine to communicate with Pixy2 directly like the Arduino does, isn’t quite there. If you run Linux, the target support is quite good because we get a lot of users that hook Pixy2 up to a Raspberry Pi.

Can you describe what you’re doing in more detail? Maybe we could help suggest some ideas.

Edward