<< return to Pixycam.com

Trouble Installing PixyMon on Windows 11

I just received two Pixy2 cameras and am having a hard time getting them setup. I am running Windows 11. I followed the instructions at: https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:install_pixymon_on_windows_vista_7_8

The Device does not show up in my Device Manager when connected, despite the fact that it did display the driver pre-installation dialog box, however no pop ups were shown and I wasn’t prompted to install the drivers two times. The installation went directly to the “Finish” page. I added the folder to Windows Defender Exclusion list and reinstalled, as well as tried to install the .inf files manually as recommended.

Note that the cameras are functioning fine, LED’s light on power and cycle through when holding the white button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,
Do you have another machine you can try to install Pixymon onto (to try to eliminate any OS/system related issues)?

Edward

It loads fine and I am up and running on Mac OS. If you have any advice for Windows 11 that is my primary laptop and ideally the one I would like to get up and running.

Hello,
Have you tried using different USB ports on your computer? There may be issues with USB 3.0 and “super speed” USB. Look for a USB port without “ss” or a lightning bolt next to it.

If you have a USB 2.0 Hub, you might try connecting through that.

Edward

1 Like