<< return to Pixycam.com

Unable to install Pixy2 for Windows 10

Hello everyone, i bought Pixy2 2days ago but can’t install Pixy driver (PixyMon and Arduino library are success). Following doc, when installing PixyMon, the installation will display message to install 2 drivers, but i only get 1 message. After that, when I plugin Pixy2 and check in Device Manager, i display like in the picture in this link
Please help me to fix it.
Thank you.

Sorry for the trouble! Have you tried manually installing drivers? Right-click on the defunct Pixy device in the Device Manager and reinstall the drivers by pointing to the pixy.inf file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\PixyMon\driver directory. You may need to uninstall before reinstalling.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
Jesse

Thanks for the help, but when i trying to get both VendorID and ProducID from Device Manager, it showing like this. When I open pixy.inf, these are default value for all user right?

DeviceName = “Pixy CMUcam5”
; Make sure “VID_” and “PID_” are always part of the strings below
VendorID = “VID_b1ac”
ProductID = “PID_f000”
DeviceGUID = “{8968E206-C3AC-48C2-AD66-D903506D5CCC}”
DeviceClassGUID = “{B95C32E4-D169-47AE-A3C1-DF8CF4C14CF0}”
; Date MUST be in MM/DD/YYYY format
Date = “10/20/2013”

Hmmm I’m not sure what’s going on here. Calling my forum-mate @edge - can you weigh in? See first message w/ linked image for the issue.

Thanks,
Jesse

1 Like

Hello,
These are the correct values for the vendor and product IDs.

Sometimes the driver install can get into a weird state. I’m also wondering if this is might be a hardware issue. Do you have another computer you can try to install PixyMon and see if you can communicate/see pictures from Pixy?

Edward

Everything is normal with my family PC, but not with my personal laptop. I even tried to re-install Windows and upgrade to the newest version but nothing change.

Hmm, that’s fairly strange. There have been some drivers from NXP development boards that conflict with Pixy because they use the same vendorID and productID, but that’s just for firmware uploading. Still, there’s a chance that another driver is conflicting, but it’s doubtful, esp since you re-intstalled your OS and started fresh.

You might check out #3 in this guide:
https://docs.pixycam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:v2:i_get_the_message_-22no_pixy_devices_have_been_detected-22_in_pixymon

If that doesn’t apply to you, you might try to find the latest driver for your USB controller on your laptop.

These things can be tricky to track down (sorry).

Edward