<< return to Pixycam.com

Using Pixy2 with Labview on MyRio

I am trying to use a Pixy2 with tilt and pan add on to recognize a 24" red sign. I have successfully trained the Pixy2 and with Pixymon have followed the object successfully as well. I have now hooked it up to an Arduino via supplied cable in order to get information into a sketch so that I can do math and find distance. I am at a crossroads here, because eventually this information has to go to a National Instruments myRio processor. I see on github there is a download for Labview and have done that. My problem is understanding exactly how to set up a small VI to receive image from Pixy2. I am new to both the Pixy2 and Labview, so if anyone has been able to successfully use a Pixy2 for acquisition and distancing please feel free to educate me :slight_smile: I would also take advice on how to program the Arduino to do the work of calculating the distance and then I could send that to the myRio via uart or i2c. The overall plan is to take the information from the Pixy2 and drive our vehicle as close as needed to the 24" sign and put out a fire near it. Thank you for your time. God bless you!

Hello,
Have you been able to receive detected objects from Pixy in a VI? Getting images isn’t possible, unfortunately. To get images, you need to use USB, and there isn’t USB support in LabVIEW.

Regarding distance, you can estimate distance if you know how big your object is (which is sounds like you do :slight_smile: You might check out this thread: Finding the distance to an object, mathematically.

Edward

Have you looked at the VIs in the example project?

See:

The color connected components example shows how to track objects.

David